Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Perils of Having Cash to Burn

Yesterday my dear grandmother gave me fifty Australian dollars for no reason, and of course my mind went into overdrive trying to think of something to buy. But the possibilities were mind bottling to say the least.

My immediate thought was comic books (of course), but even then, too many options made themselves available. The 'Hellboy/Beasts of Burden' one-shot comic comes out on the 27th of October, and that would also leave me plenty of money to buy Mike Mignola's 'Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects' hardcover. But then I could pre-order the Green Lantern Omnibus Vol. 1, a title coming out in November collecting the first appearances of Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern. This book is going to go gangbusters next year with the Green Lantern movie coming out, so pre-ordering now would be a good idea. I could also pay off the debt for my B.P.R.D. Omnibus, but where's the fun in that?

And then I come home from the dentist today and notice that the next installment in the 'Professor Layton' Nintendo DS games is coming out tomorrow, which would be good at holding off brain-rot over the next five months of my holiday. But then I could put it away and save it for Pokemon White when it comes out next year, but there's no way I could hold onto it for that long.

All in all this isn't going to be an easy choice, and I think i'll be holding onto the money for a lot longer then I would like to, but it's nice to have some cash in my pocket. Even if it does burn like hellfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment