Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The End of a Two Month Long Era

Well, it's finally happened. The harsh reality of my economic situation has caught up to the whimsical way in which I make my purchases, and so it all must come to an end. The buying of monthly comic books has to end.

But, it will not be the end of me, for lovely hardcover collections grease the shelves every few weeks and I will do my best to get my hands on them. And if a particularly intriguing mini-series is released (such as 'Darkstar and the Winter Guard, issue #2 out this week) I will buy, cheat, beg or steal my way into it's glossy pages.

But that isn't the point of this post, the point of this post is to point (HA! Repetition!) out that i will continue to strive on and deliver reviews of the the hardcovers that come out for the series (plural) i'm reading. At the moment i'll be catching up, looking at : Absolute Green Lantern: Rebirth, Absolute Batman: The Long Halloween, Absolute Dark Knight and Batwoman: Elegy. All DC I know, but I am trying to diversify, which really defeats the purpose and meaning of itself (HA! Paradox!). I'd like to mention that i'm loving Amazon at the moment, ordering Absolute GL on Monday and getting it by Friday is my kind of delivery service.

Before I go, I'll leave you with my series to watch, in the hope that unlike myself, you have the money to buy them:

Hawkeye and Mockingbird (Issue #1 sold out and is being reprinted, to be simultaneously released with issue #2 this week)
Secret Avengers (Again, sold out and reprinting with issue #2 this week)
Batwoman: Elegy (already released in Detective Comics and recently came out in hardcover, but she'll be getting her own solo series very soon)
Batman & Robin (getting closer to the big finale and still rocking it. I feel bad for liking Dick Grayson as Batman more than Bruce Wayne)
Green Lantern (Geoff Johns is still going strong with this series and shows no sign of stopping)
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (with Jonah Hex starring next issue, and pirate Batman in the last one, this series is serving as another chapter in Grant Morrison's epic Batman tale, and it's awesome)
Daredevil (Shadowland is just around the corner, get ready to have the Marvel universe turned upside-down)

Well, that's all i'll care to mention, but I'm going to do my best to keep this blog as interesting as possible, and diversify my reviews and updates into gaming as well. This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment